Saturday, September 18, 2010

My weekend adventures

Hello all, hope you are having a good weekend!!?
This weekend has been busy for me and I haven't even cleaned the house yet! Saturday was a day trip to visit family.  When I got home I had the urge to go to Goodwill or ValueVillage to look for treasures. So off I went.  Here's what I picked-up and what I plan to do with it!...

I have always wanted an antique looking jewlery box $5.99




Anyone who knows me well knows I absolutely adore vintage floral. Love it!! I forgot to take a picture of it after I cleaned it and put my jewelry in it. darn!


There are these super easy pillowcase dresses everyone in the bloggerhood is making, so I bought a cute vintage blue floral pillowcase for .99 cents and I picked up some ribbon and a few buttons from Michaels.. I'll post a before and after in the near future :)


Something new I noticed at the VV near my house is that they now have an officual CRAFT area! sewing, yarn,craft stuff, it's there! They had tons of patterns, I found a couple old vintage ones I'll try on a rainy day. 1969 and 1971.. classic!  I also found a couple knitting/crocheting books with patterns. I really want to make the overal-dress. (wait is that the correct terminology?, I clearly do not have a girl-yet!|) Has anyone made something like this? I'd love some advice!




and I found some plain white flannel squares by accident, it was meant to be! I haven't decided what to do with them yet but my ideas are for either burp clothes or maybe the back for receiving blankets? make a little patchwork one would be cute? Ideas??


I also did some iron-on transfers today. Notice how they are all girly? It's my way of crossing my fingers and hoping my sister or I has a GIRL next baby!!   Do you like these? I have been done a few lately of different kinds and so far they are very easy to do however the diamond transfers did not work for me so I wouldn't recommend those.

I bought the bib and onesie for $2 at VV

BEFORE:

AFTER:

thoughts??

Other ones I've made in the past...



Alright thats all for tonight,I'm pooped! I think I'll post pictures of the crafting area next blog, anyone want to see all the stuff I have and my teeny-tiny desk?

If anyone has any questions or comments let me know!
xoxo Jessika

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait too see that knited Dress Jessika!!! hahah Commmmonnn Girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jewellry box!! I so want one like that!!

    ReplyDelete